Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easter

Here are some of my memories of Easter:

Colored eggs. We colored a lot of eggs - I think we usually got 3 to 4 eggs each. We did the coloring around the kitchen table. This was one time I remember ever using the good china cups. I remember using regular food color sometimes with vinegar and using a crayon or candle to write on the eggs prior to coloring them. We then hid them alot on Sunday Easter morning in the two front rooms, Dad was the one that hid them for us to start with, then we all took turns hiding them. We always made deviled eggs out of them for Easter dinner.
I only remember not finding one for a while after Easter, we had to count them to make sure we had them all every time.

Easter baskets - we really didn't have baskets. I think dad was too practical to have the basket and then have to store them for the rest of the year. We did get candy each year - I remember it being mainly chocolate, could be that was what I liked so that is what I remember. The other candy I remember we got was peeps, but chocolate was the favorite and something we all liked. I do remember going to Salt Lake and going to a candy factory and getting their second's. We did this a few times during the year and then closer to Easter we got baggies of the candy for our individual Easter Candy. I remember one Christmas also having that candy along with some hard tac candy for our Christmas socks (as an extra treat). That was always a fun trip to Salt Lake being able to help pick the candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment